Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, February 03, 2007

spa day

Wow - today was a great day!

Today was SPA DAY - 5 of my girlfriends and I had booked hour long massages with a masseuse who was coming to the home of one of us and we were spending the afternoon/evening together. Relaxing, eating, hanging out and getting a massage. Nadine, the masseuse, set up the massage table upstairs and we were all downstairs. She did a great job at setting the mood - it smelt great and was very relaxing. I was the last of us to go so I got to enjoy the day and then head up for my very first professional massage - well it wont' be the last! I truly enjoyed it and am still feeling very relaxed!

Plus, I got to have a great conversation with her - she is going to be marrying a "non-Canadian" this summer and then going through the immigration process so she was interested to hear how everything had worked for us so far. Documenting our relationship, phone call, multicultural ceremony, not having family from BC attend and the whole bit. Her fiance lives in London, England but is from Ghana and she will be flying to London first in July(haivng a "reception" for those that can't make it to Ghana) and then they will be continuing onto Ghana to have the wedding there (apparently it is easier for immigration purposes to have the wedding in Ghana). Because of the flexibility of her job, she will be gone for approx. 3 months and this will be her first trip to Ghana and they plan on spending 2 months there after the wedding and really seeing the country. I think it is fabulous and really hope for the best for them.

The funniest part was when she told me that her mother is Haitian - wow what a small world!!

Plus before the spa day, I went out and did some shopping and got some great deals today so it was an all around successful day (and I spoke to Ronel today!! always a good start to any day!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi theresa!
sorry i missed you last time you were here. i did get your email - thank you! life has been a little upside down and i didn't get the chance to reply. i was working all day so i couldn't slip out to see you. the good news is though that you're coming back! (well, good for me - kinda sucks for you) :) and the other good news is that i have the day off!
can i come see you??

Sandra and Dickie said...

HI Theresa,
Thanks, I did watch the video...saw your wedding video before you...how weird is that? It is great, we really enjoyed watching it BUT I still have not heard from you with your address, so it still sits here. Will get it out when I get the address. I have seen lots of pictures of Ronel lately. The work team that was there have so many pictures and I have seen him a lot! Looks as good as ever!
Love
Sandra

Theresa said...

Janis - you can definitely come see me! I'll email you my phone number and we can connect that way sometime before my VGH appointment.

Sandra - I have emailed you my address for the 3rd time. If you don't get it, can you email me your phone number so I can call you with my address! Also, glad to know you enjoyed the video. I have seen the video Jessica did for me but this one will be much more direct view - the other one is more from the side - lots of the back of my head! also, would love to see any of those photos of my hubby if at all possible... help me know that he is alive and well...joking, i talk to him frequently!