Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

i don't like

being so far away from Ronel!! Okay - so I understand that it is kind of an obvious point but I still had to say it! I received our wedding video in the mail today - Thanks Ed & Sandra for your roles in the journey from Haiti to BC! I put it in the VCR and started to watch it and then decided to call Ronel and let him know it arrived. So, I did that and we then talked for 36 minutes - which was fabulous but.... just made me miss him more! When we hung up I was almost in tears as we read scripture together in both English and Kreyol, talked about day to day life, talked about some family happenings (his cousin just had some extended family members in a accident - three members of one family died - mother, father and one child -and one is in the hospital with at least one broken bone, another child is in Port au Prince in school - I don't believe that they are directly related to Ronel in any way but still very sad news)

Then we talked about stuff I bought this weekend while I was shopping - items for me that are gifts for Ronel! (come on - you all know what i mean without me having to write it out!) which made him smile - I could hear his smile through the phone!, we talked about our upcoming weekend plans, what we did today, etc, etc and I told him, I don't like this - if we were together, I would be lying in your arms and we would be talking face to face... to which he replied, YES, and you would have been here for the couples' Valentine's party!

It is stuff like this which make this whole separation stuff difficult! The "events" - not being there for each monthly "anniversary", my birthday next week, Valentine's Day, etc, etc.

Well, after all that "sad" talk - I will say that I am very happy to have a copy of our wedding video and look forward to watching the whole thing - maybe even a couple times!!!

No comments: