Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, February 10, 2007

record setting

Today I called Ronel when I got home from helping decorate at the church for our Valentine's Event tomorrow at church, then went out for lunch with Terri and Shealyn and then we went "dollar store-ing" (went shopping at dollar stores) and then picked up my car from Canadian Tire where I had dropped it off this morning and had Leslie (sister) drive me up to the church. I had gone out to my car and found that my front tire was low and tried to fill it with air but couldn't get it to read higher than 10psi on my tire gauge so called Leslie and asked if Mike was at work and if he could get one of his guys to look at it today. When I picked up my car, Mike said that they had fixed something (he wasn't sure at that moment) and that it would be no charge! Wow- I wasn't expecting that - especially if they had to actually fix something but that is one of the many perks of having a manager as a sister and her boyfriend as the shop manager!

Anyway, back to the original point of this post! So I got home from doing all the above, and decided to call Ronel before it got too late (it was a5pm here so 8pm in Borel.) I called and we talked for 30 minutes! That is the longest we have talked on the phone to date! It was fabulous, plus I also got to talk to JeanJean, a friend who just got married in December - his wife read a scripture during our wedding and he helped coordinate all of us on the way down the aisle as well as keep out all the late-comers until we were all finished walking down the aisle, Rosena (Ronel's cousin), and Eddy - Marc's dad, which was also nice.
It was a great call, it was much more like being there cause we were just talking, there was some silence where I just enjoyed knowing that Ronel was on the other end of the line and also parts where I just listened to him talk, then he asked why I wasn't talking back and I said, cause I am just enjoying listening to my husband's voice. We both laughed when we found out that we had spent the morning doing the same activity - decorating at our churches - tomorrow afternoon/evening is their big Valentine's event for couples at Ronel's church and is also our Valentine's event for our kids tomorrow morning at church.

We also talked about how tomorrow is our 3 month anniversary. That's right, we've been married for 3 whole months!! It seems like it has gone by so fast, which I guess is a good thing cause hopefully that means that our "waiting" period will fly by as we wait for immigration approval.

Well, it is now 8pm and I have to get ready for my big "shopping/travel" day tomorrow as I take my mom and granny to the airport. I talked to my granny today about shopping tomorrow and she said that she isn't a big shopper but maybe we can teach her a thing or two tomorrow so it looks like it should be fun! I have to finalize our itinerary and make sure I know how to get everywhere I want to go as well as still get to the airport!

No comments: