Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 19, 2007

new medical adventures

Well, first off - I want to post a warning that the photos below are kind of gross - there is no blood or guts or anything but the comment I got the most of today at work was - Eww, gross! so proceed with caution if you have a weak stomach.

\/

\/

\/

\/

\/



This is a photo of my right ankle AFTER my liquid nitrogen treatment today at my doctor's appointment.
I found out in October that this "mass of skin" that I have had for YEARS was in fact a wart! So, I decided that it needed to be removed. Now, it has taken awhile to get around to it - what with going to get married, Christmas and then just busyness, it got put off until now. My doctor sprayed it with a hand-held can of liquid nitrogen and froze the wart and the surrounding area (as visible in the photo by the LARGE blister)

When I got back to work - there was a very large red area around the wart but no blistering. As I was talking to some of my co-workers asking about the pain I was feeling - cause Oh, did I mention - It HURTS! - I have had this stupid thing for years and never had any pain, even when I accidently shaved the top of it off, and when I try to get it removed, it hurts! In fact, it has been almost 10 hours since I had it done and it still hurts, especially when the denim fabric of my jeans touched it! - - the skin started blistering, first just a little tiny blister and then it just kept getting bigger. It is now about the size of a quarter (though not completely round)

The one side of it is MUCH larger than the other, since the side with the wart can't get as big with the wart "holding down the skin"

I also have a prescription for it. If the wart doesn't go away with these treatments, my doctor wants to biopsy it to make sure that it is just a wart and not anything else!!

Oh, the fun medical adventures I have!!!

No comments: