Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, March 10, 2007

well, I guess I can tell you now!

I have been hesitant to post anything this week because I didn't really want to have to tell what I had done on Sunday! But, I will tell you now because I can start off with the good news - I found them!!

Sunday evening I drove down to Seattle to pick up my mom & grandma from the airport as they returned from their vacation in Puerto Rico, this was my second trip to Seattle in 3 days! I had been down in Seattle/Tacoma area Friday and Saturday for a Children's Ministry Conference and had returned late Saturday night, gotten up early for church and was driving down again to the airport - biggest problems - lack of sleep, the fact that their plane wasn't arriving till 11:35pm (which was delayed for an hour), then a roughly 2-3 hour drive home and I worked at 7am the next morning! So, I let my mom drive home while I snoozed in the back seat, but to do this, I removed my wedding rings and stuck them inside my bra - DON'T ask!!! I can't sleep with my rings on as the diamond setting is kind of high and I would have marks all over my face! We arrived home at 3:04 am and I headed straight to bed, got undressed and fell into bed! I awoke just after 6am to get ready for work and went to put on my rings but couldn't find them on my bedside table where I put them every night, so I started tearing my room apart when I remember what I had done the night before! I started to panic but had to leave for work - without my rings! I managed to not breakdown at work during my morning shift but when I came home for my 2 hour break and searched my mom's car and more of my room and still couldn't find them, I wasn't doing so well! Then I got to work and someone asked me how I was and I burst into tears saying I had lost my wedding rings! I have looked all over my room and hadn't been able to find them, then today, I was really upset that I hadn't been able to find them and started looking through things again and I felt the need to look through this big black garbage bag I have in my room of paper stuff that I need to throw out! I almost threw it out on Wednesday!!!! - Praise the Lord I didn't do that! So tonight, before I went to shower & get ready for this dinner I am attending tonight, I felt that I should go through this bag of garbage and there at the bottom of the bag was my wedding rings!! I was so happy I could have cried and called Ronel, my mom, my friend Terri & then I called Dean who is the husband of a friend at work (he is also a friend) and he had volunteered to take the seats out of my mom's car so we could search for my rings and I was happy to let him know that we wouldn't need to do that!!

I couldn't even call Ronel for 3 days cause I didn't want to have to tell him that I had lost my rings!! I did call him though on and he was very understanding about it and was very glad to hear that I had found them!




OH HAPPY DAY!!!

2 comments:

renee said...

Oh Theresa - I'm SO happy that you have your rings back. Ack . . . what a horrible experience! I am glad that the Lord led you to that garbage bag. Phew!

Hey - I've been MIA for awhile and totally missed your birthday - Happy Belated Birthday my dear friend!

Theresa said...

Thank you for the belated birthday wishes!! Late or not, they are much appreciated! I am also SO SO glad to have my wedding rings back on my finger where they belong! Last night I figured out how to sleep with them on - I don't think I will be taking them off anytime soon!!

I am also thankful that I didn't throw out that bag of paper garbage on Wednesday like I had planned!!!! That also was so totally the Lord!

Have a great day! Love ya!
Theresa