Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, March 17, 2007

2nd job

So, today I agreed to a trial run for a second job I was considering. I will be "sleeping" at a couple's home while they deliver papers from 1:30am - 5:30am Monday to Friday mornings. This is a couple who used to attend our church and have two young children so can't both be out of the house, even though both kids are sleeping. I will start tomorrow night and see how it works out for both of us. To start with, I will be going over about midnight and am hoping that this will allow me to get a bit more sleep time in a row. It should be fairly easy if my body can adjust to the split up sleep schedule but it will help both myself and this couple so that would be nice. It will be nice to have some extra cash and my main focus is to put most if not all of this money into savings to help with the filing of our immigration paperwork and then also plane tickets once Ronel's paperwork is approved. A big benefit is that if I can pay for everything to do with the paperwork at one time, it should reduce our waiting time by 2-4 months!! That is a lot of time, especially since we had given up on being able to do that with me just working my current job! So it would be a total blessing if I can save enough to do that all at once! Also, another push for me is that I would LOVE to be able to fly back to Haiti when Ronel's paperwork is approved, visit with family and friends there for a short while and then be able to help him pack up, say good bye and fly HOME together! This will be Ronel's first time on a plane, first time out of Haiti and other firsts, these are things that I would love to be able to experience with him!!

The nice thing about this is there is some flexibility in it - like this Thursday I have my gastroscopy and can't drive for 24 hours so Friday morning I won't be going to their home and they are okay with that. I'll just need to give them notice about when I can't be there. It coordinates with the days I am up early anyway for work so I really think that it will work but we will have to wait and see!!

Am off to heat up my lovely heat pack for my shoulders and am off to bed!

Goodnight!

No comments: