Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, March 25, 2007

oh my dear husband...

I just was on the phone with Ronel and found out that Ronel spent 2 days & 1 night in the hospital last week (Wednesday & Thursday) because of the severe pain he has been having over the past couple of weeks.

After many different tests, they found out that he has a gallstone which is causing all the abdominal pain that he has been having. The doctor told him that if it doesn't pass by itself, then he will need surgery! I really do not want my husband to have to have surgery in Haiti!!!! especially without me there! While I know that there are very good doctors at the hospital where he will be treated, it is still way below our hospital standards and not something I want Ronel to have to go through. Please be praying for Ronel and his health - that this gallstone would just disintegrate and pass through his system, that all pain would go away and that there would be no further occurrence of any gallstones. Please also pray for his health overall as he is needing to go and get a medical exam done for his immigration paperwork and I don't know exactly what the Canadian government is looking for but I do know that they don't want to allow people with health issues that will "tax" our medical system into Canada! Both Ronel & I appreciate your prayers!





Below are some photos of HAS (Hopital Albert Schweitzer) which is where he stayed.
(photos taken from the HAS website)



This is the Admitting Dept of HAS - this is where you have to wait and get your file and pay to see the doctor. To get your file, you must have an appointment, be REALLY sick, or know someone at the front desk. The files are all kept in a big room (think of your doctor's office then multiply that by possibly a 100!) and frequently they can't find a file, which just causes more chaos! Thankfully a good friend of Ronel's works at the admitting desk, so Ronel should have had a little bit of an easier time getting in.


The front view of HAS - in the background in the screened "windows" of the adult ward which is pictured below from the inside


The curtains are often left up for the breeze so there is really no privacy. The line up outside the windows is the pharmacy line up! This is where Ronel would have most likely spent the night, if he was sick enough to get a bed! Other wise it would have been the nearest section of floor or bench that was available. He did say that he was on IV so I would think that he got a bed (not that they are comfy by any means, and you must provide all your own linens for the bed!)

Makes you think.........

1 comment:

renee said...

T,

Wow - that is horrible . . . poor Ronel in so much pain and you being here in Canada. I will definitely keep him in my prayers.

I just read the HATS update and Karen said Mirlande will probably lose the sight in her one eye. UGH. How did that happen? What got into JJ that made him poke her in the eye with a pencil? This reminds me of the time Rebecca drank bleach.

Nice pics of the hospital . . . reminds me of all those times we went there.