Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, December 03, 2007

paperwork update & random thoughts

Well, I received the final papers that I needed from Ronel. I now just need to get my taxes filed and get my notice of assessment back so that I can file. This is the first year that I haven't filed early and now it is coming back to bite me!

I am very thankful to everyone who was involved in getting the paperwork out to me from Haiti. This has been a huge blessing to Ronel and I.

December 1st marked a year since I last saw my hubby in person. I remember quite well last Dec. 1st - saying goodbye to my husband of only 20 days not knowing when I would see him again. This post and this post were my last two posts written in Haiti last year just before I left.
This year I did make it to the church's adult Christmas dinner (didn't make it last year because my flight from Washington D.C. was delayed for 3.5 hours! - this meant that the friends who had come down to pick me up also missed the dinner!)

This has been a hard couple of days - knowing that it has already been a year since I saw Ronel and knowing that it will be a while still. I miss Ronel, I want to be able to spend Christmas with my husband - our 2nd Christmas as a married couple and our 2nd one apart. I am so thankful that we are so much closer to filing the paperwork.

sorry if this post seems disconnected or just completely random. My brain is not completely functioning.

It has been a crazy weekend - we got almost a foot of snow in a 36 hour period over Saturday & Sunday, I spent the night last night at my sister's so that I would be closer to work in case the snow didn't stop and then came a Pineapple Express with a ton of rain! The forecast for today was for 100 mm of rain (10 cm or I believe 4 inches) I don't know the actual rainfall but it seems like that much if not more!

Today was also a Professional Day for all Delta schools which meant a field trip today with 31 children (and 4 staff) to Science World which was a ZOO today. There were 4 or 5 school groups there as well and it was so busy. And to top it all off, we arrived back at the centre to find the power out! I hope that tomorrow is easier - it is another Professional Day and we are off to Watermania to swim.

okay - off to pack my lunch and get ready for bed!

No comments: