Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, December 29, 2007

An answer!

So I went and saw the doctor on Thursday again about my arm again. Turns out that I have epicondylitis better known as tennis elbow and I have calcium deposits in my elbow (these showed up on the x-ray I had done in November) - below is a paragraph from another site explaining what causes tennis elbow
"Tennis elbow occurs when their is damage to the muscles, tendons and ligaments around the elbow joint and forearm. Small tears, called micro tears, form in the tendons and muscles which control the movement of the forearm. They cause a restriction of movement, inflammation and pain. These micro tears eventually lead to the formation of scar tissue and calcium deposits. If untreated, this scar tissue and calcium deposits can put so much pressure on the muscles and nerves that they can cut off the blood flow and pinch the nerves responsible for controlling the muscles in the forearm."
We're still now sure what caused this, my doctor doesn't think this is related to my arm injury last March as it is a different part of the arm but I am not totally sure about that! My x-rays also showed that I am having muscle spasms in my neck which is causing the pain I have been experiencing in my neck. I have to go to physiotherapy for both my neck & elbow now and I am on anti-inflammatory pills and have a brace for my elbow to help with the pain. I do notice a big difference in my pain levels when wearing the brace and am hoping the pills will also help with the pain. They did help the first time around but not long term, so we will see! I did get a prescription with 5 refills for a total of 360 pills and am taking them twice a day which means I'll be taking them till July!

I am so thankful to finally have an answer about why I have been in so much pain but am asking for prayer that my elbow will be healed and I will not need the pills, the brace or the physiotherapy!




No comments: