Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

Goodbye 2007 & Hello 2008!

I can't believe that it is already 2008! This past year seemed so quick and yet so long at the
same time. I am ready for a new year - I am praying that 2008 will be the year that Ronel joins me here in BC, and tonight we are one step closer to that, I finally found my tax stuff so that I can file my taxes and get my needed paperwork to be able to file THE papers! (Ronel's immigrations paperwork)

It was totally God that I found them tonight. I was so upset as I couldn't find them but knew they had to be somewhere! So, I decided that I wasn't going to go out tonight, well good friends of mine weren't okay with that ( I had plans with them) and so we talked about it and I finally agreed that I would go later (like 10ish) which would give me time to still look and J talked about how I couldn't hide away from friends just because I was upset & frustrated that the paperwork still wasn't filed, but that I needed friends at a time like this. Unfortunately, this was true but I (yes, me & my fleshly stupidity!) needed to feel like I had actually done something in 2007 towards getting Ronel here and I was upset & crying and I kind of cried out to God, okay please let me find them before 9pm so that I can go and have a good time and not be depressed & grumpy! I started looking through a "makout" (A Haitian woven basket) that I have random stuff in, that I have looked through atleast 5 times (seriously!) and I went through it piece by piece looking closely at each item and I found an envelope that was LABELED (what - have I been blind! ) 2006 Tax stuff - T4, T4A & Tithe receipt. I mean how much clearer could it be! I almost started crying again, but this time with happiness!

I have beaten myself up so much over this stupid tax stuff and reminding myself that each day I didn't find it was one less day that Ronel's medical was valid for. But thankfully God is bigger than this, He is bigger than immigration paperwork, He is bigger than my humanness! (And I am thankful for that!) I was again reminded tonight that God knows what He is doing and He has never let me down and He isn't going to let me down this time! I am so thankful that I am not doing this on my own! I am surrounded by great friends who are SO supportive and so understanding,I have my family who look forward to the day Ronel can be a part of our daily life, I have a great church family who are so caring and I have this amazing Heavenly Father who just continues to bless me!

Going into this new year had really made me think (and having had this past week off has given me lots of time to do my thinking!) and I need to be more positive in the new year when I think about this whole "waiting" process! I have let it get me down too often and I know that it doesn't help my overall health (emotional, spiritual & even physical) I have had so much on my plate this year and have let myself get depressed and overly emotional and I don't want to enter 2008 like that. I want to stand tall and follow the path that God has set before me.

Please be praying with me as I pray about what God wants me to be doing this year - personally, in ministry & with this immigration process. I would like to plan a trip to see Ronel sometime this year but would much rather go and be able to bring him back - so knowledge about timing and if I am to go twice, then for funds for that to happen!

Well, HAPPY NEW YEAR to you! (Haitian time!! ) I am off to get ready to go celebrate with friends and get excited about what the new year has in store~

Oh and I almost forgot - Ronel asked me to wish you all Bon Ane! We spoke today for a very wonderful 32 minutes! and I am about to call him and welcome in the new year with him! (On his time not mine so that he doesn't have to be awake at 3am!!)

Photos are a few of my favourites and are all taken in Haiti!

1 comment:

renee said...

T! I'm so happy you found the papers!! I will continue to pray for you and Ronel.

Happy New Year!