Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, November 17, 2007

okay - trying this again!

I thought I had previously posted this, but now when I check, it is no longer there, so am going to repost it!

In doing some searching online on the Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC) website, I found out that they have reduced the "Right Of Permanent Residence Fee" from $975 to $490! That is a savings of $485!

So now our application fees look like this

$ 75 - Sponsor processing fee (For me)
$475 - Principal Applicant processing fee (For Ronel)
$490 - Right of Permanent Residence Fee for Principal Applicant (For Ronel)

$1040 - Grand Total


This isn't a final cost by any means as there is still exit visas, flights and other probably unknown to us right now costs that will come into this, but even so, it means that right now I have to send the government of Canada FOUR HUNDRED and EIGHTY FIVE dollars less!

YEAH!!

on a not so happy note, I also found out that I didn't get Ronel to sign our sponsorship agreement when I was in Haiti last fall (I thought I had) and he didn't send me a photocopy of his passport. So, I have emailed Karen (who I worked with at the orphanage) and have asked if there is anyway she can help Ronel with this and get them out to me quickly!

Especially since I then decided to look up processing times on the CIC webiste and was happy to see that as of Nov 13, 2007 - IN CANADA processing times are 38 days, unfortunately they then send the permanent residence application to a visa office abroad and I checked their processing times and for Port-au-Prince where Ronel's file would be processed, the times look like this

Processing Times at Port-au-Prince Visa Office -

30% of cases finalized in 7 months
50% of cases finalized in 10 months
70% of cases finalized in 13 months

80%
of cases finalized in 16 months


I am trying to remain positive and know that we serve a God who is more powerful than any visa office and can have our application processed quickly but I need you to be praying for us and this application. Please pray that God will direct our application to the right person, that all our paperwork will be complete and that there will be no doubt or questions regarding the validity of our relationship. That the missing pieces of paperwork will arrive quickly and that there will be no more delays. That I will be able to finish my taxes quickly and properly (I haven't yet done them as it is not clear how I need to file as Ronel doesn't have a SIN card but I would like to file as a married person, plus it asks if I was married in 2006 and I was so, it then asks for Ronel's SIN and I didn't know I needed a copy of my most recent taxes as I don't need to meet an income requirement as Ronel is my spouse.

I will keep you all updated on this and also once I have filed, updated on our application process.

Praying...........


No comments: