Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Oh Happy Day!!

Well, today (and more so tomorrow!) is a great day! I talked to Ronel last Wednesday to wish him a happy birthday and found out that he was going to go see the DMP to get his medical exam done for our immigration paperwork to get Ronel here! I talked to him again today and he got it done! He is going in again tomorrow to pick up the exam results! I asked him to call me when he has those papers in his hands!!! There will be tears of joy when I get that phone call! Last week he spent the majority of the week in Port au Prince getting paperwork done! He got 2 other pieces of paperwork done as well while there! So now Val (a wonderful friend who is currently visiting friends in Haiti) is going to bring all Ronel's documents & paperwork to Ottawa and mail it to me and then I will send it all in! I am so thankful for Val and for God's perfect timing with her trip & Ronel getting all the paperwork done!

The other great blessing was that the medical exam cost only $147 US instead of the $200 US Ronel had been told! I don't know what the current exchange rate is in Haiti but when I was there last year it was $7H to $1 US so that means that $50 US equals $350 Haitian dollars! That is half of Ronel's monthly salary! Unfortunately he needed to pay extra to get one of his other documents done as the last time he tried to get it done, the person that he paid to get it done, "lost" both the money & the documents that were sent with him. Things like that frustrate me but Ronel was able to get it done way faster than expected but it did cost him $300H so thank God that the medical exam was cheaper than expected!

No comments: