Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 13, 2008

no fun or interesting title!

Saturday was a jam packed day - It was my sister, Rhonda's 27th Birthday and so we all went out for breakfast - all except for my youngest sister Leslie as she was working.

Our Grandmother was also there as she was in town as she was heading out for vacation yesterday along with my Mom & Jacques. They are heading to Boqueron, Puerto Rico to visit my aunt & uncle and also my great aunt & great uncle - they have both rented condos down there and are staying there for 3 or 4 months. My mom, granny & Jacques will be there for 2 weeks.

Yesterday after breakfast, we (Mom, Granny, Jacques & I) headed down to Seattle. We stopped in Mount Vernon to check out some antique shops (Mom & Jacques both love to antique shop!!) and while we were there I stopped to check out Skagit Valley Food Co-op. Well, they had a great selection of gluten free products, many of which I had never seen here. One brand I had heard alot about on a GF Google group that I am a part of, but had not found it here, well, SVFC had it and it was very reasonably priced and so I picked up a box of GF cereal, two different brands of GF baking mix (use it to make pancakes, waffles, muffins, and a wide variety of baked goods!), a box of vegetable rice noodles and then Mom & I both got some locally made yogurt for in the car and it was also labelled GF! When I told the cashier how happy I was to find the GF items, she went and got me a pamphlet which lists all the GF items aisle by aisle!!

After we were done in Mount Vernon, we continued to head south and we stopped in Lynnwood at the Target there where I got a GORGEOUS knee length winter coat in a beautiful charcoal gray. It is incredibly soft and it was 50% off! I paid only $29.97 for it! ( I will try and get a photo and post it!)

I also picked up 5 white mini mailboxes from Target

(mine are just like this but white!)
which I have been reading all about on Splitcoast Stamper's and am excited to alter them! I am planning on doing one up for Ronel and sending it to him with the other stuff that Sandra & Dickie are taking down for me. You can see some finished ones here.

After Target we headed to the Outback Steakhouse for dinner and it was DELICIOUS! It was a first for all of us - I found it online when I googled gluten free restaurants in Seattle and so we decided to try it. It was alot of fun and the food was incredible! I had the Drover's Platter which comes with a half order of baby back ribs, a full chicken breast and french fries, but the fries aren't GF there so I substituted it with a dressed baked potato. It was a great meal and while it was not cheap, I would definitely treat myself to dinner there again (and next time save room for dessert! They have a totally GF dessert called Chocolate Thunder from Down Under! It looks delicious and I am sure it tastes fabulous!

After dinner, I dropped them off at the airport and headed north, I did stop off at the Super WalMart in Tulalip so that I could pick up another pair of jeans (I bought one last week when Mom & I whipped down to Bellingham and they fit great and are only $9.98 so I knew I needed atleast one other pair! I have the worst time finding jeans that fit well!) I also got two long sleeve t-shirts that I love!

I got home late but it was a great day and I really enjoyed it!

No comments: