Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, January 17, 2008

I'm leaving on a jet plane....

but not yet! So today I started looking into flights to go see Ronel - I am looking at going mid July for 3 weeks - possibly a little bit more. I wanted to wait till our anniversary & Ronel's birthday in the fall but last night Ronel asked me if I could come while he was on vacation for the summer and I said that I would look into it. I would rather not take my vacation in the summer as it is a fun time at work and it is going to be HOT in Haiti but Ronel would like me to be there when he doesn't have to work and I want to see my hubby so I will handle the heat (somehow!) and go in the summer. There is a 4 week period of time that I can be gone from work in the summer. We have two large events in the summer - our VBS which is the 3rd week in July and then the Lower Mainland Foursquare Kids Camp which is the 2nd to last week in August.

So I started looking at flights leaving right after we finish VBS and I found some good flights for around $850 Cdn flying out of Seattle (Tickets were $1250 or more Cdn flying out of Vancouver!) then tonight I started looking at American Airlines website and I almost have enough AA miles for a flight to Haiti - I need less than 5000 miles and it turns out the I can purchase the miles I need for approx $150 Cdn and then there is approx. $120 in flight taxes & fees. This way requires me to take an extra 3 days off of work but that also means I get 3 more days with Ronel!! so before I can go ahead and book it (and purchase the additional miles) I need to find out if I can get those 3 days off. I should be able to work & bank the hours needed to cover those 3 days so that I don't have any unpaid time off so I just need to find out if I can get that extra time off (especially since it is 7 days more than my vacations days!) I have the flights on award miles on hold until Jan 31st so that gives me some time to figure it all out!

So hopefully very soon I will be able to put up a countdown to my trip to Haiti! It is so absolutely amazing to think that in 6 months I should be seeing my husband face to face again! (for the first time since December 1st, 2006 - 18 months!)

You can also be praying for a miracle in Ronel's immigration paperwork - I am hoping to have it all filed by mid February (am just waiting for my notice of assessment) and I would love to be able to bring Ronel home with me in August but that would be only 6 months and for that to happen God has to have His hand on the paperwork and make it fly through. I know that God can do this but your prayers are all very appreciated!

Okay I have to go to bed now but wanted to share this with you all!

No comments: