Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Haiti, here I come!

Well, I have been given the go ahead for the time off work and now the only thing I am waiting on is talking to my mom to see if she will let me use some of her AAdvantage miles so that I don't need to buy the extra I need. She is currently away on vacation so I called my uncle on Skype and asked him to talk to my mom and get back to me. (They are staying with my great aunt & uncle just down the road from my aunt & uncle) Transferring the miles will take 72 hours and then I can finish booking my ticket! I am SO excited!!! I went ahead and put up the countdown because now that I know that I can have the time off, there isn't much that will stop me from getting this ticket. The only difference is whether I buy the extra miles or get to use my mom's miles.

I will be flying out of Vancouver which is awesome as it means a 20 minute trip to the airport rather than a 3 hour trip! I will be leaving July 23rd and arriving in Port-au-Prince on July 24th at 11:25am. I will be in Haiti till August 16th and arrive back in Vancouver in the early evening on August 17th. This means that I will be in Haiti WITH Ronel for 23 days and I will be away for a total of 26 days.

Since Ronel is off school and won't be working, I am hoping that we will be able to do some visiting around Haiti. There are some friends I would like to visit and if possible I would also love to meet the Livesay Tribe! I have been reading their blog since before I left Haiti in February of 2006 and I have never met them but would love to!

I am looking forward to just spending as much time as possible with Ronel and getting "recharged" before having to come back home by myself and waiting again till Ronel is able to join me here.

M'ap vini cheri mwen!

No comments: