Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, April 22, 2007

a review of the past few days....

ok, so a lot has happened since I last posted on the 19th.

Thursday after finding out the results of my biopsy, I called Ronel and found out that he had been in HAS (hospital in Haiti) since Wednesday morning and had returned not long before I called, after spending almost 36 hours in the hospital. I talked to Ronel again today and he said that he has an appointment on Tuesday with a doctor in Pierre Payen which is about 45mins - 1hr away from Borel, where Ronel lives. He will be meeting with Dr. Vic Binkley who is an American doctor who works at a medical clinic run by Project Help which is a Church of God ministry in Haiti. The church Ronel attends (and we were married in) is of the Church of God denomination and the house where we lived is on the Project Help - Borel campus. I am praying and hoping that Dr. Binkley can really help Ronel figure out what is going on with his gallbladder and this gallstone he has. I am also praying that there would be a solution that doesn't include surgery!

This week Stacey and I have started going to Curves again. We have been very bad in going and we haven't been in months! : ( We went three times this week and met a wonderful gal there on Thursday who retrained us on Saturday and got us quite pumped to be doing this again, but more diligently! Our workout on Saturday was amazing! Having Arlene walk us through all the machines again and really push us to do our best was quite beneficial. It was also quite painful! I have never felt a workout so much as I did on Saturday and I know that what I felt was what we should have felt every time. I was sore when we were done but it was a good sore! We are going back on Monday and I think we will be more committed this time around - especially since Arlene will be on our case if we aren't in 3 times a week! And the nice thing is that she works all 6 days that they are open and in the afternoon/evenings when we will be there! I really think that this is what we need to be committed to going three times a week, every week ~ someone who will be keeping an eye on us - to make sure we are doing each machine correctly, helping us figure out our nutrition needs, keeping us on track with getting weighed & measured so that we can track our progress and if there is no progress, she will help us figure out why.

This weekend has flown by! Friday I went and hung out with Terri who has been on vacation the past week and we went shopping for food for the barbecue party she was throwing today for Pam & Shealyn who have both just graduated from post secondary education. We both then did some packing in her kitchen and moved some items & the food items we had just bought over to the house they are moving into, Saturday I went to Curves in the morning, then came home and did some paperwork I needed to do for church today, then I was off to a Stampin' UP! party that a friend was having, then dinner at Swiss Chalet with friends before heading off to a Parenting Matters conference hosted by Focus on the Family Canada & Family Matters. It was a really great night! I had originally wanted to go just to get a head start for when Ronel & I have kids but then someone else had mentioned that it would also be beneficial for dealing with kids at work(and people in general). The night was all about parenting with grace/grace based parenting (same thing - just different wording!) I really enjoyed listening to Dr. Tim Kimmel who was our speaker and was able to just really engage the audience. There was a group of us that attended this conference from my church and I wasn't the only non parent in the group! (Though I do work with all the non parents there - except one, whose spouse I work with!!)

Today I went to church and then went to help Terri prepare for the party this afternoon. We held the party in their new place, which they just moved into yesterday! Yesterday a group of friends moved all of their belongings from their old place to their new place and then today, they had 18 people over for a grad party! Amazingly, Terri had gotten the kitchen set up quite well as well as her bedroom (where they had to sleep last night!) plus they have a lovely large deck off the kitchen where many of the people sat and hung out. This new place is bigger than the basement suite they have been living in and will be a great hang out this summer for the many people they have over so often (they also host our small group/bible study so it will be great for that as well!)

Tomorrow is back to work and then after work, Stacey & I will be heading to Curves, and I am looking forward to it!!

Well, I am off to bed!!

No comments: