Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

emotional....

So I just talked to Ronel, wanting to know how his doctor's appointment went yesterday. Apparently the doctor just gave him more medication and an undated appointment so he can come back if he is in a lot of pain (getting into the hospital without an appointment is very difficult - you need to go to a dispensary and see a nurse and get referred to the hospital and it is a hassle and a huge waste of time - especially since Ronel already has seen the doctor and knows what is wrong!) Ronel said his pain levels have been way down and he's feeling much better. Then he asked me if I had my results from my biopsy - which I still do not, and he asked how I was feeling and I decided to be honest (I know - a good idea, but I don't always like to tell him when I am having abdominal pain - there isn't much he can do about it!) and tell him that I was actually having a lot of pain tonight, which is quite frustrating since I once again ate a gluten free meal today for lunch but am still having pain!) and I could tell he was hurting for me. He wanted to know how many days this had been going on and I said that the pain came and went and on the other end of the line I could hear his voice break as he told me that he wished he could be here with me while I was in pain, so that he could comfort me and take care of me, and that it when I broke - I started crying (like I am doing just typing this!) and then he prayed for me. He asked God to comfort me because he wasn't able to be here, to take away my pain, to give us both peace as we are so far apart, to be my Great Physician and to heal my body, to help the doctors know what is wrong and to get my results quickly. As he prayed, I cried and thanked God for such a wonderful, caring husband. Days like today I miss Ronel 1000 times more than I normally do and just pray that God will help Ronel get all the paperwork together and then get it processed super quick. Ronel also told me to go lie down and talk to God and rest and so that is what I am going to go do! Since I can't curl up in my husband's arms, I am going to go curl up in my Heavenly Father's arms, pray and just rest.

2 comments:

renee said...

Oh T - my heart is heavy for both you . . . going through these things and not being together. I will continue to pray for you both.

Theresa said...

Thanks Renee! It is very helpful to know that we have friends praying for us!

Love ya
T