Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Wow - end of April already

I can't believe how time can fly by so quickly. Today is the end of April! This means that I have been home for over 2 months already! Unbelievable!! I attended my girlfriend's wedding yesterday - it was gorgeous, though in true BC fashion, it started raining, and it was a garden wedding! Her husband is of Haitian descent though he was born in Canada and raised in the US. I met his mom last week at the bridal shower and turns out she is from the Artibonite Valley - and a town I have actually visited! What a small world! I was so happy that I was able to be here to share in their special day and makes me long for mine so much more!

I am now the next in line for weddings in my group of friends... It is a little weird, but also exciting. November is still many months away but it is also not that long away! Last Saturday Stacey and I were at Michael's (the craft store) and just started looking at silk/fake flowers to get ideas and saw some I loved and they were all 50% off last weekend so I decided to buy them that day, so I have the flowers for the wedding. Flowers for my bouquet, flowers for my maid of honour, Ronel & his best man's boutonniere, and then flowers for the parent's and such. It was really quite exciting as it made the wedding seem so much more real and also closer!

I am also excited about being able to attend our church's ladies retreat this year! It was always a highlight of the year and a great time to relax, and fellowship with the women of the church. It will be in June and I handed in my cheques today! We have a great couple coming as our speakers this year and that is just an added bonus! Jerry & Barbara Cook are speaking - They are like family to our church and are good friends with my pastor. Jerry is often the speaker for the men's retreat and has spoken at our church a couple of times as well. They are both authors, and I have read one of Barbara's books while I was in Haiti and am looking forward to hearing and learning from them. They pastored a large Foursquare church in Oregon and Jerry is now an associate pastor at a Foursquare church in the Seattle area.

I have been enjoying the freedom of having my own vehicle and have even started looking and thinking about the possibility of taking small/short road trips this summer. I have numerous friends in "close" proximity that could facilitate long weekend trips.

No comments: