Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, April 06, 2006

prayer please **updated 1/20/07**

I need prayer for my feet! I am having a lot of feet pain & problems and think that I need orthotics but my work health benefits (which would cover all this) don't come into effect until June 1st!

My girlfriend Stacey & I are planning on registering to do a walk for diabetes next August (07) - we would most likely do the 10Km (though I would love to do the half marathon but it is 22kms!!) and the coolest part (literally) is that the walk is in Reykjavik, Iceland.

We will each have to raise $6000 but we know we can do this in over a year and it is a cause very close to my heart since I lost both my dad and grandfather to complications of diabetes and it is in our family.

We are faithfully going to Curves three times a week and we both want to be walking to work by the end of the summer (that is an hour each way for me!!) but in order to do all this - my feet have to be pain-free! (or atleast have less pain!)

We are totally excited about the walk and also the travel part of it (find out more about it at teamdiabetes.ca

Please keep us in our prayers as we undertake this adventure and help be a part of the cure for diabetes!!

**updated 1/20/07**
So unfortunately Stacey and I never did get our butts in gear to sign up for the walk but I would like to do some sort of diabetes walk one of these days - I know there are some that are more local

No comments: