Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, December 03, 2009

quick overview of the past few months!

Well, October and November are both behind us now and so I'll try to do a quick look back.

October --
we were pretty much settled into our place by early October and even held a family dinner at our place -- 12 people in our place! We celebrated Thanksgiving twice - first at my aunt & uncle's home on the Saturday and then with friends on Sunday, it was fun and Ronel enjoyed all the turkey. The week after Thanksgiving, Ronel started English class at a local church. He has been enjoying it so far but we are going to look into a program that is a free English program run by the government -- It would be a full time class - 5 days a week and they have 3 locations quite close to us, 2 within walking distance and one that Ronel could bus to.

Also in mid October, Ronel started working - it is a small part-time job at the same place I work, tearing down and setting up for our infant care room as it is shared with the youth and so it gives him some time out of the house and some money. He has also been doing odd jobs for the daycare and it has been helpful to my boss and also great for us as it means more money.

At the end of October (the 31st to be exact), we celebrated Ronel's first birthday in Canada! He also got to experience his first Harvest Fest at the church complete with fireworks. He also got to enjoy the whole "waitress singing to you" experience when we went to Red Robin's with friends for his birthday.

We also spent a couple of Sundays out with my mom, sisters and my nephews enjoying the local parks.

We spent our first anniversary together on the 11th of Nov. and spent most of the day moving the remainder of my belongings which were still stored at my old place. I finally have all my craft stuff here and can craft again!!

and that pretty much brings us up to date!!

No comments: