Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

some news from Haiti!

I got a call this morning from Ronel (at 3:18am my time!!) telling me he had some news. Well, since it was the middle of the night here, I told him I would call him back (and he was calling from his cell which was almost out of minutes) So, after school was done (for him) I called him - wished him a Happy Anniversary (which I hadn't even thought about at 3am!) and asked what his news was. Well, he received a letter from the Canadian Embassy about his case. They need a few more pieces of info (basically to update his file - since he filled out the paperwork a year ago) They didn't say anything about the medical exam so I'm hoping that they are just going with the one they have. This means that someone has actually LOOKED at his file and looked over all our paperwork, so the fact that they only need these couple of things is promising to me!

There are a couple of things I need to send to him for him to take to the embassy - copies of my passport pages with the entry & exit stamps of my trips and copies of all our emails - well we don't email anymore, we just talk on the phone so I've compiled all my Skype records to send down. Thankfully, I can just scan & email all those to Karen and she is willing to print them out and pass them along to Ronel which will make the process that much faster (hopefully!)

It made a ordinary day much better and put me in a much better mood (though I'm still trying to pack and move so....)

Happy 2nd Anniversary Ronel! I love you and can't wait till we get to live in the same country!!!!

No comments: