Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, September 01, 2007

night out...

Dana called me today and asked if I wanted to go out tonight, I said yes and we went out for dinner & a movie. We went to Red Robin's where we had the worst service! We had the manager come talk to us because I had asked the waiter (who took about 10-15 minutes to come after we sat down!) for their list of gluten free foods (which I had previously gotten when we ate at RR in the US, it was simple!) He looked very confused & so the manager came to tell me that she also didn't know what gluten was and so didn't know how to help me.

After some discussion, I had figured out what I could eat, and the manage took our order - to make sure there were no errors made in preparing it. About 20 minutes later, she came back and apologized because she had forgotten to place our order because she had had a customer complaint that had taken a long time to solve. She told us she had rushed our orders and we would have them shortly. The manager delivered our meals shortly thereafter, but the main part of my meal was missing! She was quite upset that after clarifying with the kitchen that my chicken breast was not a burger - NO BUN, that when they served it up, it had a bun! She brought my fries & many apologies and within 2 minutes I had my meal delivered and the manager also let us know that she was only charging us half price for both our meals.

Dana encouraged the manager (who told us that this was only her SECOND shift on the job!) that SHE had done a fantastic job that evening and not to be discouraged. When we got our bill, our drinks weren't on it, so I went and found the manager to let her know and she said "Thanks, but that is okay" so while we had to wait for our meals, we weren't in a rush and we ended up only paying half the price! It was a blessing in disguise! (Dana & I both actually said that they did pick the right people to mess up orders on - we had lots of time before the movie & didn't have any problem sitting at the restaurant talking,


After we headed to the theater to see Hairspray, but we were early so we went to Dairy Queen for a blizzard (I had a 2 for 1 coupon) and then went and saw the movie. The movie is absolutely adorable! We both really enjoyed it and loved Nikki Blonsky who plays "Tracy" the lead character. It is a fun, mainly upbeat movie with a great cast, & great music and while I didn't know much about it going in - I loved it! It was a lot of laughter and a really great way to end a Saturday night!

If you haven't seen it, you should watch it - or atleast rent it once it comes out on DVD!

No comments: