Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, May 10, 2007

what's next....

So, yesterday I went back down to VGH to see Dr. Yoshida. It was a most frustrating experience! I had to take 3 hours of my day (and that of a friend of mine who came down with me so that I wouldn't have to pay the outrageous price of parking at VGH)
My appointment was at 9:15 am - I got to the office at 9am and got called into the office at 9:40am, I left the office at 9:45am!! Basically he told me that I didn't do the gastroscopy for nothing because it showed that I did in fact have celiac disease. He then told me some things about celiac that I didn't previously know - like how I have a increased chance of bowel & intestinal cancers and that while some people think that the weight loss & diarrhea is great and continue to eat gluten (though I have not yet had any weight loss symptoms) that it would be a very BAD idea to continue to eat gluten and my only option is to stick to a strict gluten free diet.
He gave me two pamphlets on celiac disease and said that his receptionist would get me an appointment to see a dietitian/nutritionist to learn more about eating gluten free. I asked if it would be at all possible for me to see a dietitian that was more local (not in Vancouver where I have to take off from work so that I can go) He said he would see what his receptionist could do. Well, yesterday afternoon I got a call from the Vancouver General Hospital & UBC Hospital Outpatient Nutritional Counseling Clinic asking me to call to set up an appointment. So, apparently I will be taking more trips down to VGH.... I got a hold of the clinic today and I have an appointment on May 23rd at 8am (so once again - missing work!) but the only upside is that this time I will bring my birth certificate with me and go down to the Human Resources office and change my last name. I tried to do it yesterday but didn't have my birth certificate with me (I had taken it and my passport out to go down to the US and apparently didn't put it back in the purse I currently use!) It was a little frustrating (okay - a lot frustrating!) but at least I'll be able to go back soon!

Yesterday after work, I got to call Ronel since my payment to Skype finally came through ~~ I learned I have to put more money on sooner - before my balance is too low so that I don't have to wait so long to be able to call my hubby!

No comments: