Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day gift from Skype

Today, because it is Mother's Day, Skype had a global free calling day - to any landline or cellular phone anywhere in the world!! The invite said to call your mom and then call all your friends. Well, instead of calling my mother or any of my friends - I called my husband!!! I read through all their instructions and they asked only that you limit your calls to 200 minutes and your Skype account must be in good standing. Well, my account is in good standing and so I am using up my fair share of the 200 minutes!! Ronel & I are currently at minute 115 and not planning on stopping! I called when I got home from church - we talked for almost 20 minutes but he was on his way to a soccer match so we made plans for me to call him at 4pm my time when he would be back from the game. So I set my alarm on my phone for 4pm and proceeded to pass the time until I could call him back. My alarm went off and I called him back asap! He laughed cause it had just turned 6pm at his end and he said that I had good timing! I had told him that if he didn't hear from me by 6:30pm his time that he needed to quickly call me in case I had fallen asleep or something crazy like that! Come on - who gives up the chance to call their hubby and it all be FREE!! (it would so far have cost me 26 dollars for the time we have spent on the phone! )

updated~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~7:53pm
So in total today, Ronel & I were on the phone for a total of 218 minutes & 20 seconds that is 3 hours 38 minutes & 20 seconds.

I wish that Skype would have a free global calling day like this once a month!!

yes, I do realize that I went over the requested 200 minutes but the 218 minutes was in a total of 4 calls (once earlier today for 17 mins, then for 2hrs & 45mins till Ronel lost connection, then for 35 mins and then finally for just like 2 mins to tell Ronel that I got the email from his cousin.) so it was hard to keep track!

No comments: