Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, December 29, 2006

seems like forever....

since I last posted - In reality it has only been 5 days but seems like much longer! I am going to visit my Nanna - my dad's mom, who I haven't seen since Rhonda's wedding in May of 2005. Now I was living in Haiti for much of that 18 months but still no excuse! She now lives in Victoria so I will hopefully also get to see my uncle, aunt and cousins. I am catching a ferry at 7am tomorrow to Victoria but am not feeling 100% right now so am NOT looking forward to the boat ride at all. I have been printing out photos to send to Ronel and will be taking most of them with me this weekend to show my family photos from the wedding.

Ronel update:

Tried calling Ronel ALL DAY Monday and couldn't get through - messages saying all lines were busy was all I got! I was so upset that I cried when I realized it was now past midnight in Haiti and I couldn't call at that hour. My whole family was still here and I don't think they quite knew what to say or do. My mom's boyfriend, Jacques offered to call me from his cell and talk to me in French (he is French Canadian) I told him thanks but it wouldn't quite be the same. I did get to talk to Ronel on Boxing day morning and he said that he tried to call me on Christmas too but couldn't reach me either. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!
I called him today when I got home from work cause 3 days seemed so long to not have spoken to him - what a difference from going a week if not two between calls! Oh how I enjoy technology!

Wonderful news - I have in my hand our marriage certificate!!!! I met up with Barb on Tuesday and she gave it to me. I was so thankful to her for bringing it out for me! So much less stress! I can now start working on changing my last name officially!! YEAH!!! That will make the whole "being married" thing so much more real especially with my husband so far away! I have been reading some blogs of people who are adopting from Haiti and the waiting and anticipation of having them home and I realize that it is very similar for me - I am not adopting a child but I am waiting to bring home a part of my family. It is hard to be waiting for something, especially since there isn't much I can do to make the process go any faster - other than to pray and ask God to send our paperwork to the right people!!

anyway - need to go pack and get ready for my early morning - plus I need to take a nap, my head is very congested and it hurts~~~

No comments: