Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, December 21, 2006

glad news mixed with sad news......

The glad news....
I got to call Ronel and talk to him tonight via Skype which is just a great invention! I get to call from my computer to his cell phone and it is fairly cheap (atleast for calling Haiti!) The last time I called Haiti with Telus Long Distance (landline phone) it was almost $3 a minute. Calling card from a payphone in Florida to Haiti got me 1 minute for $10 US. Skype is 0.288 cents Canadian a minute and that is roughly the equivalent of what Ronel pays to call me, except that the connection is WAY clearer! I paid $5.48 Cdn for 21 minutes of talk time.

The sad news...
While I was talking to Ronel, he told me that Jose, my maid of honour, lost her baby. When I left Haiti she had told me that she was 3 months pregnant (end of November) and now sometime in the last week or so from what I understood, she has miscarried the baby. I got to talk to her tonight as well cause she was visiting Ronel's family and so I was able to pass on my condolences. This was an unplanned pregnancy and her and her husband already have 2 children and they thought they were done but still, no one wants to lose a child. Please keep her and her family in your prayers, especially at this time of year when we celebrate a joyous birth and she is grieving the loss of her unborn child.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: