Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, December 24, 2006

my new best friend....

Skype is my new best friend! (atleast in the online world of communication) Today I was able to talk to both Ronel in Haiti and my aunt & uncle who are in Puerto Rico. Talking to my aunt & uncle was free cause they are also on Skype and calling Haiti was cheap. I am going to call Ronel again tomorrow for Christmas Day (our first Christmas as a married couple and we're 5000 miles apart - you better believe I'm calling him!) and then my aunt & uncle are going to call me in the afternoon when the whole family is over and we can all chat with each other and we'll even be able to see each other via web cam! Technology is great -especially when family and friends are spread out around the world. My uncle said that he uses Skype to call his brother in Tanzania(Africa) on his phone line and it is the same low price that I pay to call Haiti. Many "popular" countries are even cheaper to call (some as low as 2cents a minute!)

Being apart is hard - I've already had one breakdown and I am sure tonight and tomorrow will only be harder, but that is why technology like Skype and good close friends like the ones I have here in BC are so awesome!

So this will probably be the last post till Boxing Day as I am off to the Christmas Eve service at my church then to a friend's house for some Christmas celebrating and then Christmas Day here with family.

Merry Christmas to all

No comments: