Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

So little time.....

So today is Wednesday - I leave Haiti Friday morning - very early! That means that I have less than 48 hours with my husband! There were many tears shed last night be the both of us as we realized that in such a short time we would be separated for such a unknown length of time. I know that God has His hand on us and He has a plan for our life and our marriage but preparing to leave my husband's side after not even 3 weeks of marriage is not easy! Because this is Haiti I am not even able to come home with our marriage certificate in hand - apparently it doesn't happen that fast in Haiti! Now I lived here for a long time and now that things don't happen quickly but just this once I wanted to believe it would happen! So I will have to wait for Ronel to mail it to me and pray that it doesn't get lost in the mail! I have to also go home and start filling in all the many pages of required paperwork to start the sponsorship process. Ronel will have to get a medical and a police report done after I am gone and send those to me as well along with all the pages he needs to fill out. I have to send him those in French so that he can understand and respond in French as well.

There was a small scare a week or so ago as I was reading through the paperwork for like the 10th time. There is a page that asks about your financial standing and somehow I misread it and thought that I needed to fill out a different form called a financial evaluation which gives a set amount of money you must make in a 12 month period in order to be able to sponsor someone and the amount increases for each person you are wanting to sponsor. Well the amount for 2 people - myself and one sponsored person is more than double what I currently make and so I thought that I was going to have to go home, find a job that pays me double what I currently make and then wait for a year before I could file the paperwork to sponsor Ronel. Well - when I got home that night from helping Jessica and told Ronel what I had learned - I burst into tears! Cause the 6-18 month wait was already bad enough but having to wait until I make enough money! Oy!!! So a couple of nights ago Ronel & I were going over all the pages he was going to have to fill in later and all the documents he needs and I reread the original sponsorship evaluation and PRAISE THE LORD! I had misread it! I only had to use the other form if I am sponsoring my spouse who has dependent children who have dependent children!! And neither Ronel or I have kids so I get to use the original form!! This form asks for work info and they also want to know how much I make but NOWHERE does it say that I have to make a set amount before I can apply! I cried tears of joy when I realized that it had all been a mistake and we weren't going to have to wait like 3 years before applying!

Ronel said to me last night as I was crying over the fact that I was leaving him in 2 short days that we survived being separated for over 8 months while we were engaged and he knows that while this separation is going to be hard, that we will survive it and that we will be all that much stronger because of it. Now - in my head I know this is true - but in my heart I don't want to AGAIN be separated from the man I love, the man who is now my husband, my family. But, because I know that God has placed us together and He has a plan for me, one that is good and not harmful and that He has hope and a future for us, I will step onto that plane on Friday knowing that one day Ronel will step off a plane in Canada and we will be together, living out God's plan for US!

Ok - enough of this babbling on... I am going to go and help Jessica with the financial report for the last time!
Man, time has flown by!! It seems like just yesterday I was meeting Jessica and now I am getting ready to say goodbye a month later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Theresa Lynn Cledomin!
I cannot believe you left this country and did not tell me that the terrible awful news isn't as terrible as you thought it was....meaning that you read the form wrong. I'm happy that it was wrong and you and Ronel are back to the original anticipated length of time to wait! Here's prayers that it will go fast! Miss you bunches. ~j