Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, November 09, 2006

only 2 more sleeps!

and I will be Mrs. Cledomin!
I arrived safely in Port au Prince on Saturday and was met by the most wonderful sight as I walked towards the door to go outside - Ronel's smiling face! I honestly don't know who was happier to see whom! But I do know that we were both estatic to be together again! We then had to wait about 45 mins for Benson to return to pick us up as he had had to make a quick drop off to his sister's. We then got on the road to Borel and the journey was quite smooth and quick! I was so tired from little sleep the night before and being up early in order to make my flight so I just sat there taking it all in! We arrived in Borel and they drove me to the house where I am staying and there was 6 or 7 people there waiting to see me! The house where I am staying in on the Project Help compound in Borel. It is a nice house - with electricity from 7am - 10pm each day, running water, a tiled shower, a toilet that flushes, a ceiling fan in my bedroom, a lovely living room area with a couch and two chairs. I am pretty happy with it. Ronel's "goddaughter" has been staying with me at the house this week as I didn't want to stay in the house by myself and she is a doll. She is 16 and is in the equivilant of Grade 10 with only 2 more years to go.
Friday night, Jessica (who is now working at HATS) will be staying with me and then will be there Saturday to help me get ready and take photos. I am looking forward to it - we just met but I really enjoy her and we get along really well. I have been up helping her figure out all the financial stuff I used to do as well as the website stuff she needs to know in order to add the updates.

Ronel and I went to St Marc yesterday on taptap to get our needed blood tests done so that we can get our marriage license. It is about an hour's drive each way and it was just after noon when we left so it was a lot of sun and I was exhausted when we got home but we now have the paperwork needed so it was all worth it!!

The wedding will be at 3pm ET Saturday (which makes it noon on the west coast!) I am excited that I don't have to be up too early on Saturday but think that the morning will seem very long!!

I will try and see if I can post photos after the wedding!

No comments: