Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, September 30, 2011

8 weeks

Micah is 8 weeks old!!Wow - where did the time go?

He has his 6 week checkup last week and was 12 lbs 1.5 oz  and 23 1/2 inches long. Feeding is going well and Micah has started cooing. He loves to be worn in the ring sling and very quickly falls asleep when he is being worn in the sling. Both Ronel & I can use the sling so it is great. Micah spends a lot of time in the sling as it allows me to have him close, he loves it and also have my hands free to do other things that need to get done. This past week Micah has also started sleeping 6-7 hours straight at night. He normally sleeps from 11 or 12 at night until 6 or 7 in the morning. This works out well for me because I get my second wind around 9 and don't want to go to bed until 11:30 or so anyway so it means I am awake for his last feeding before bed and then we both get a good chunk of sleep. Ronel leaves for work most days at 6am so it also means I am up to say goodbye to him.

This weekend my oldest sister will get to meet Micah as she is coming over from Vancouver Island for my brother's wedding. He will also get to meet some other relatives he has yet to meet.


It is currently 12:16 am and Micah is very much awake and alert! I am hoping he has plans to go to sleep soon and that he continues with the 7 hour sleep as tomorrow is a busy day and I won't get to have a nap!

Off to walk him around the house in his sling in an effort to help him fall asleep!
(there are photos but they need to wait till I have more than one hand free!!)

No comments: