Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, August 20, 2011

clarification...

so I found out yesterday that the nurse who told us that Micah weighed 9lbs 4oz misread the scale... he only weighed 9lbs 0.4oz. - just a small difference! I was at a br*ast feeding clinic that my midwife referred me to and they weighed him in grams and when she was looking at the chart to convert it for me, I noticed that it was more in grams than he was at birth but less in pounds and figured something had to be wrong. In this day of internet, I used an online grams to pounds calculator and figured out that Micah's birth weight of 4093 grams equals 9 pounds 0.4 ounces. Then when we were looking at photos from the hospital, I noticed that the scale says 9 0.4!!
He is currently just above 9lbs 3oz, which means he has regained his birth weight plus 3 ounces. Which may not seem like a lot, but when they were using 9lbs 4oz as the starting weight, it meant he hadn't regained his birth weight back. I don't know if this will change anything, but I will be making sure to mention it to the doctor next week at the BF clinic that his birth weight was wrong as I think it may change what they are wanting to do in regards to his eating plan.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Yes, make sure you clarify that with the Dr. It will make a difference in how they look at it. Sometimes it takes a while to get everything to work the way it should but don't give up. It is so wonderful to nurse those little bundles of joy! I am sooo happy for you!