Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 14, 2009

flights are booked!

Well, it is official! I'm leaving on a jet plane in just 17 short days!
I will fly out of Vancouver on August 31st, overnight in Montreal and then fly straight to Port-au-Prince from Montreal with Air Canada. This will be the first time flying Air Canada into Haiti and I'm kind of excited about having only one stop from Vancouver to Haiti! When I fly through Florida it is often 2 stops and occasionally 3 stops which just lengthens the trip! And this will be my first time flying this far east in Canada! (not that I'm going to see a whole lot other than the airport!)

And then on Sept 8th (Just one short week later) I head back to Montreal with my husband!!!!! We have a 17 hour overnight layover in Montreal before heading home to BC, so I'm hoping we can connect with Ronel's cousins who moved to the Montreal area last summer. We land at the Vancouver Airport at 5pm on the 9th -- my brother has informed me that there will be a welcoming committee so you are all more than welcome to stop by and welcome Ronel to BC!

As you can see at the top of the blog - I've added a countdown to Ronel's arrival I can't believe that in just over 3 weeks, I will have my husband home with me! It has been such a long wait and I can't believe the end is so close!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I have been checking your blog regularly to see your plans. I am really excited for you and can't wait for you to blog after your return with Ronels take on the flight and Canada and all the "new stuff". I really like flying Air Canada into Haiti versus the many stops on other air lines.
We are very happy for you and may God Bless you and Ronel as you start your lives together.

Anonymous said...

Hi Theresa,
I found your blog while searching on the internet. I was recently in Haiti for 3 months working at a health clinic and plan to return hopefully after this year of school. I'm wondering if you have a good/cheap way to call down to Haiti? I can't seem to find a cheap phone card. Also, congratulations on your husbands permanent visa! Reading your blog shows me that it is possible for a Haitian to gain citizenship in Canada...something I've had a lack of faith with. Anyways, if you would be willing to email me that would be so much appreciated. Thanks!
sbwpg@yahoo.ca

Ellen said...

Theresa,

I've read your blogs off and on for a couple of years. I was so happy today to check in and see that FINALLY Ronel would be going to Canada. Congratulations, and blessings on you.

Ellen