Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, September 08, 2008

Haiti links - hurricane aftermath

Check out these links with news & photos about what is happening in Haiti

Storms batter Haiti - photos
More news & photos -
Hanna's impact on Haiti


A woman outside her home in the Artibonite, Haiti

You can also check out the following blogs for more links & photos about what is currently going on in Haiti

Rollings in Haiti

Lifeline Mission

Matt & Esther in Haiti

Please be praying for all of Haiti and for Ronel and all his family members there. The Artibonite river which is close by where Ronel lives (in the Artibonite Valley) is in danger of flooding and that would cause the canals which flow out from it to also flood their banks. There is a canal that runs right in front of the HATS orphanage where I lived & worked and it flows down and behind where Ronel lives. Both of the bridges which connect the central part of Haiti with the capital city are not passable - the one in Mirebalais has collapsed, and the one in Montrouis is in danger of collapsing and they are not letting vehicles cross it. Schools have been closed which means that Ronel is not working and is without an income - this makes life difficult. This has been hard on me as well as I can not do much from here and when I can't get through on Ronel's cell phone, I have no way of contacting him and that makes me nervous as I then don't know if he is safe.

Please also be praying for our paperwork as I don't know what this is doing to the paperwork process. With all the flooding and deaths in the country, I don't if the embassy is still getting work done on the visa applications.

I will keep you updated and will try and get stories from my trip posted.