Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, February 07, 2008

another update on paperwork...

so, my notice of assessment arrived yesterday in the mail! It was so nice to have that in my hand! But, I realized that I shouldn't be sending in the originals of any of our letters and such that I need to send to prove our relationship! I had all the written letters and such in the STACK of papers to be mailed and when I went through the papers, I realized I probably want to keep the originals and mail in copies! So that is what I will be doing for the next couple of days! First snag was the fact that my printer ran out of ink (which after the amount of emails I had to print out - that Ronel & I have sent to each other - I really am not surprised!) So, my mom is picking me up ink on her way home! Then I am going to scan and print all the letters off. I have 2 notebooks full of letters between us (we used to keep notebooks that we wrote to each other whenever I was out of the country - we would then switch when I would get back. It was like a journal but to each other of what had gone on while the other was away.)

So, my original goal was that I will have all the paperwork mailed by Valentine's Day but I have revised it to have it mailed by my birthday which is only 2 weeks from today! I think that it is a bit more realistic, especially since I have been SO tired lately and have been going to bed quite early lately and I have a busy week ahead.

I will definitely be posting and letting you know when that package goes postal though!

2 comments:

Val said...

you might want to consider using staples or the minute man, or some other copying service - given the volume, the price will probably be reasonable (considering the cost of ink cartridges) and much faster.

Best of luck,
Val

Theresa said...

Val,
thanks for the suggestion! I had thought that as well but since the letters are not full page size and in notebooks, I am planning on scanning them and printing out multiple pages per sheet. I think this will be the most paper efficient way and yes, it may take a little more time but atleast if I am at home I can also do other things at the same time!

I ended up getting my cartridges refilled at 1/3 of the cost of new ones! I got them filled at Island Ink-jet which has a location inside the Wal-Mart nearby.