Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Staff Retreat

We have finally arrived at the 2007 Staff Retreat and all of my co-workers & I are excited! This year we are heading to Whistler, BC. This will be my first ever trip to Whistler (which more than a few of my co-workers find to be appalling!)

What really excites me about this retreat is that the bed & breakfast that we are staying at is used to having celiacs stay with them and they make their own gluten free muffins, cookies & other goodies. I am so excited! The fact that they are in Whistler and are frequented by people with celiac disease makes me think that their food will taste good! We also have reservations for lunch & dinners at restaurants that already know in advance that I will require a little more work in getting a meal I can eat and they are all more than willing to accommodate whatever needs I have.

There is some free time & also a "surprise activity" on Friday and so we all are excited to see what that is. Also, the fact that this will give me some "off work" time to get to know Matt, (who is my team member - Matt & I work together with the grade 2 & 3's ) I have gotten to know him a little over the summer when he was volunteering at the church but don't know him that well. We get along really well and hopefully this weekend will just make working together all that much better! The funny thing (to me) is that Matt is just a couple months older than my niece!

I am sure that I will have lots of photos & stories when I get back Saturday night!

No comments: