Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, January 04, 2010

Happy 2010 to you...

Ronel & I had a wonderful Christmas - we spent the morning with my "other" family (friends who have become like family) and then went to my brother's house for Christmas with my family. This year my grandma and cousin joined us (they both live out of town) so it was kind of nice to have them with us. It was so nice to be able to share that all with Ronel -- it was his first "Canadian" Christmas and I think it went well. Boxing Day we were up early and out of the house for some Boxing Day sales! We went to Talize (a thrift store in town) and they had 50% off everything used (they do sell some new items)and we scored. They have some great clothes and we found some items that still had the original tags on them, but they were in with the used items! Ronel & I both got quite a few items of clothing and some of them we paid barely anything for! Most of Ronel's clothes were all well known name brands like Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, etc. We got him some really nice dress shirts and more pants. I got some skirts, and more "nice tops" - ones that I can wear with jeans and look nice or dress up with a skirt or dress pants. We spent almost all day at Talize - finding items took us about an hour then we spent most of our day trying on the items... they have a 5 item limit and were strictly enforcing it -- you could try on more but you had to get back in line. We didn't have a problem with it cause everyone had to do it. When we were finished we headed home to clean up and then headed over for our second turkey dinner!!! Our friends where we spent Christmas morning have their Christmas meal on Boxing Day so that Christmas day is one of relaxing... I actually quite enjoy it and it means I get two Turkey dinners each year!

Our vacation time (both of us didn't work Christmas Eve until today) was one spent together, enjoying each other's company, watching movies, relaxing and just being together. New Year's Eve we had plans to spend it with friends, but mid day Ronel asked if we could just stay home and so we did. We watched movies and just hung out. It was actually quite enjoyable and we even made it past midnight! (actually we made it quite a bit past midnight as we started a 2nd movie at 11:30 or so~ )

We are both looking forward to what 2010 has in store for us, and as I told one of Ronel's cousins - this year already looks better than last year because Ronel is here with me!

We wish you all a wonderful year filled with God's richest blessings for your life!

No comments: